Bok Tower Gardens is currently seeking artists to exhibit in the Visitor Center for the next two years. Previously, you requested information and/or were selected based on your materials to be a possible artist for our exhibits. Please review the following information and let us know if you’re interested. Thank you!
Art in the Gardens – Display Information
Bok Tower Gardens displays two-dimensional art, history and culturally based exhibits in our Visitor Center that are nature related. Exhibits are displayed in the Gardens’ Visitor Center, which is open from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. Bok Tower Gardens is a 50-acre public, non-profit garden with 205-ft. carillon tower and historic estate. The Gardens is open 365 days a year, and hosts 150,000 – 160,000 visitors a year. For more information about the Gardens, please visit http://boktowergardens.org/tower-gardens/the-gardens/.
Time frame: Exhibits are displayed for 12 weeks.
2015 – 2016 Availability:
- July 17 – October 15, 2015 (Total Garden attendance: 30, 000) – Open
- October 16, 2016 – January 14, 2016 – Booked
- January 15 – April 16, 2016 (Total Garden attendance: 55,000) – Open
- April 17 – July 14, 2016 (Total Garden attendance: 40,000) – Open
- July 15 – October 20, 2016 (Total Garden attendance: 30,000) – Open
- October 21, 2016 – January 13, 2017 – Booked
- January 14, 2017 & beyond – Open
- Wall One – 7.5’ H x 9’ W (Title Wall)
- Wall Two – 7.5’ H x 12’ W
- Wall Three – 9’ H x 4’ W
- Wall Four – 9’ H x 10’ W
- Wall Five – 7.5’ H x 16’ W
- Total: 51 Linear Feet
- Additional Space for one piece no larger than 36” H x 48” W
Security: All artwork is displayed in a building that has an alarm set daily. In addition, security officers conduct nightly checks of all Bok Tower Gardens buildings.
Sales: The Gardens displays work of art for the enjoyment of our visitors, but the sales of your artwork is encouraged. The Gardens will sell artwork on display, with a 30% commission to the Gardens. Artwork may be picked up from the Gardens by the buyer after the end of the exhibit.
Artist is responsible for:
- Display of only original drawings, oils, watercolors, acrylics, graphics, photography, mixed media or fiber completed within the last three years.
- Not acceptable work includes: crafts, jewelry, copies of published work or pieces requiring electricity
- Provide digital files of artwork, artist bio and artist photo for Gardens media and publications
- Delivery and installation
- De-installation and return
- Artwork properly prepared, wired for hanging. No nails, tape, hooks or other wall fasteners..
- Artwork listing of displayed pieces that includes:
o Year Completed
o Price, if for sale
Bok Tower Gardens reserves the right to:
- Reproduce accepted work in newsletters, media, website and other promotional uses
- Possibly conduct an artist reception in which the artist is responsible for being present, usually held within the first or second week of the exhibit opening.
- Request the artist to conduct a workshop or class for the public in conjunction with the exhibit
- Request any prints be sold in the Gardens gift shop.
If interested, please respond to:
Director of Visitor Services & Programs
Bok Tower Gardens