Nonprofit arts, cultural and heritage-related organizations and government entities who meet the criteria below are eligible to serve on the Cultural Arts Council. The Cultural Arts Council is the standing arts and cultural industry advisory group to the designated Local Arts Agency – The Polk Arts Alliance (PAA) and the PAA Board of Directors, and shall provide counsel and assistance to the Polk Arts Alliance as needs dictate. Annual membership dues, located at the bottom of this page, are based on the budget size of the cultural arts organization/government entity.
To apply to serve on the Cultural Arts Council, an organization must:
- be a member in good standing of the Polk Arts Alliance (scroll down to join); AND
- be a not-for-profit, tax-exempt Florida corporation as a result of being:
- incorporated or authorized as a not-for-profit corporation, in good standing, pursuant to Chapter 617, Florida Statutes; AND
- designated as a tax-exempt organization as defined in section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended; OR
- be a public entity governed by a county, municipality, school district, community college, college, university, or an agency of state government; AND
- be organized on a permanent basis for cultural and artistic purposes as identified under the following eligibility requirements:
- as defined by the National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities (NTEE) for arts, cultural and humanities organizations; OR
- public arts councils and public presenting facilities or institutions, OR
- community organizations (e.g., a community theatre); OR
- embedded organizations that have their own budget (e.g., a church-based arts program, galleries and arts series within colleges, etc.); AND
- has been providing regularly scheduled and publicly promoted artistic and cultural programming for at least three years at the time of application; AND
- has at least one paid or unpaid director whose primary responsibility is the direction and management of the organization.
Organizations are asked to provide their Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), IRS . We also reserve the right to request a copy of your Determination Letter of nonprofit status (if applicable), your State of Florida Corporate Annual Report, and IRS Form 990.
Cultural Arts Council (Cultural Arts Org/Government) Annual Membership Dues
Dues Budget Size (Expenses)
$ 50 Nonprofit with expenses under $50,000
$ 75 Nonprofit with expenses from $50,000-$199,999
$100 Nonprofit with expenses from $200,000-$399,999
$150 – Nonprofit with expenses from $400,000+